I’ve traveled a lot in my life, but never before have I left without any plan of coming back. I could be gone for 6 months, a year, 2 years… who knows!?
It’s a weird feeling — having to tie up every loose end in your life. It’s a bit like knowing when you’re going to die, I’d imagine. You want to tell everyone that you love them and you want to eat at all your favorite restaurants one last time and do everything that you’ve never done before. You want to sleep with all your old girlfriends (call me, bitches!) and you want to cheers with all your old drinking buddies (call me, bitches!). And then there are all the things that you actually have to get done — important logistical things. And there’s just never enough time to get it all done.
Departure date: Feb. 19th, 2008 – Approx 3 weeks left.
Here is an incomplete list of some things that I really do have to get done before I leave.
- pack up the stuff I’ll be leaving at my mom’s house
- sell anything of any value (CraigsList!)
- get health insurance
- notify my bank that I’ll be traveling
- cancel my cellphone
- set up a Skype account
- buy some T shirts and socks
- sell my car
- I’d like to update my blog’s theme with some cool new features (maybe)
- prep for my article about NZ backpacker travel with FlyingKiwi.com
- maybe buy some good sneakers (loads of hikes in NZ)
- cash in all my coinage at the CoinStar
- pool together all my money
- blog, blog, blog
- make copies of important documents (birth cert, college diploma (for job hunt) Visa stuff, etc.)
- book a hostel for my first night
- eat at In n Out one last time
- say goodbye to all my friends (Drink! Drink! Drink!)
- pack! yikes!
Oh man, i know I have loads of other stuff to do too — I’ll probably add more to this list later.